Tasty Vegetable Pulao
Vegetable pulao is a recipe prepared with rice and a unique mixture of vegetables and spices.
The presence of different vegetable varieties makes it a complete meal. It is an easy recipe and requires 20-30 minutes for its preparation. Typically, basmati rice is used for making pulao dishes. Delicious vegetable pulao goes well with salad, pickle, raits and papad. Tomato, green peas, carrot, capsicum, potato and beans are some of the vegetable varieties used in this recipe. It also contains some of the spices like cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of vegetable pulao.
Ingredients for Vegetable pulao
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 1 cup of a mixture of chopped vegetables like carrots, beans, tomato, green peas and corn.
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3-4 fresh green chillies
- 1½ cup of coconut milk
- Salt as per the taste
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-inch ginger piece
- 4 garlic
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
Method of preparation of Vegetable pulao
- Wash the rice in clean water and soak it for a minimum of 1 hour
- Drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Slice the onion and green chillies to fine pieces and chop the vegetables to medium sized pieces.
- Grind the ingredients like ginger, garlic and cinnamon with some water to a fine paste.
- Heat some oil in a small or medium-sized pressure cooker and add the tempering ingredients like cardamom, cloves and bay leaf.
- Now, add the onion and green chillies and saute it to a transparent texture. Also, add the grounded paste of ginger, garlic and cinnamon and mix it well.
- Saute it for a minute and add the vegetable pieces, fry it for few minutes and add the drained rice.
- Sprinkle some salt for the taste and add the coconut milk. Heat it to a boil.
- Now, close the lid and cook it in a low flame. Continue cooking for 13-14 minutes. Or else, cook it for 2 whistles on a medium flame.
- Open the lid and add the ghee. Slowly mix the contents and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Serve this tasty vegetable pulao with salad, pickle and papad.