Vetiver Essential Oil: 7 Magical Benefits Which Unfolds In Front Of You
Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver Essential Oil is extracted from a perennial grass called Vetiveria zizanioides. These are native to parts of the Indian subcontinent. This oil has a characteristic earthy, sweet, woody, citrusy, and refreshing fragrance. The plant, its roots, and the oil are extensively mentioned in traditional and folk medicine across various civilizations.
Buy Vetiver Roots Ramacham Online
Benefits Of Vetiver Essential Oil
1. Manages Sleep Apnea And Insomnia
Not having a good night’s sleep affects multiple aspects of your health and daily life. Sleep disorders like apnea and insomnia occur when there is malfunctioning in your Central Nervous System, Peripheral Nervous System, or respiratory system. Such problems can be addressed by using vetiver oil. These oil modifies your respiratory patterns during sleep. Furthermore, it also activates the olfactory centers in your brain. As a result improving sleep quality, reduce snoring, and treating headaches.
Buy Ayurvedic Hair Oil Mix Online
2. Treats ADHD – Vetiver Essential Oil
Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common disorders among young children today. A study done opened new possibilities of using aromatherapy for treating ADHD children. Using vetiver oil improved cognition in such children by stimulating the action centers in their brains.
Buy Neelayamari Hair Oil Mix Online
3. A Potent Insecticide – Vetiver Essential Oil
Termites scare all of us – they are cancer to our wooden assets and books! Vetiver oil is your furniture’s savior. Apply it generously on the affected areas of the furniture. Likewise, leave an opened vetiver oil bottle in your bookshelf and see the magic unfold. It is one of the most potent oils available against termites. In fact it is long-lasting and environment-friendly too.
Buy Ayurvedic Herbs Online
4. The Ultimate Skin Care Solution – Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver essential oil has the solution for almost all your skin problems. Be it pimples, acne, scars, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, or even microbial infection. The oil can regulate the level of melanin in your skin cells due to its antioxidative activity. Therefore, it can prevent pigmentation and heal scars. Add it to food, drugs, and cosmetics. This oil is extensively used in the perfume industry. It also works as an antimicrobial agent. Using vetiver oil in perfumes and cosmetics would mean having medicinal value coupled with its soothing fragrance.
Buy Claypots Earthenware Cookware Online
5. Heals Wounds, Rashes, And Insect Bites
Dangerous wounds and rashes are usually caused due to tick bites or insect bites. A few common diseases that can arise out of these encounters are Lyme disease, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, etc. Applying vetiver oil can help repel the ticks that cause these rashes. Otherwise leading to fever, organ failure, sepsis, or (in worst cases) death.
Buy Cast Iron Cookware Online
7. Manages Anxiety, Depression, And Stress
Vetiver oil has been used as a top-tier ingredient in aromatherapy and naturopathy. It contains ingredients like khusimone, vetivenene, vetiselinenol etc. These ingredients are responsible for its characteristic smell and activity. Furthermore, these compounds have potent antioxidative, chelating, anxiolytic, and neuroprotective effects. Therby curing anxiety, depression, memory loss (dementia), and oxidative stresses.
Buy Stoneware Cookware Online
Vetiver Essential Oil Fun Facts
- Vetiver roots infusion (a summer drink) is used as a body coolant.
- They are used to treat diarrhea, fever, and indigestion.
- Dried roots are woven into screens, curtains, hut thatches, and hats to provide a cooling effect in summers.
- It is used to treat rheumatism, snake bites, sprains, menstrual cramps, mood swings in ancient and folk medicine.
- The plant has thick roots that can help bind soil, increase groundwater levels, prevent mudslides, and rockfalls.
Buy Natural Kerala Jackfruit Products Online
What Are The Risks Or Cautions For Using Vetiver Oil?
Vetiver is considered to be a non-irritating, non-toxic, and non-sensitizing oil. However, it has a caution associated with its usage among pregnant women and children.
- Pregnant and nursing women taking prescribed drugs should not use this oil without medical consent.
- If you are taking medications, consult a physician or pharmacist first.
Buy Raw Honey Cheruthen Online
Also, bear these points in mind before you buy vetiver oil:
- Always do a skin patch test before applying vetiver oil on your body.
- Do not use it on the eyes, inner nose, ears, and other sensitive areas of your skin.
- It is best not to use this oil if you have cancer, heart disease, or liver damage.