What is Black Pepper and White Pepper?
What is the difference between black pepper and white pepper?
White and black pepper are both the fruit of the pepper plant,their processing way is differently. Black pepper is ground from dried,whole unripe fruit.White pepper is obtained by removing the outer skin, namely pericarp and outer portion of the mesocarp of the ripe or matured green berries or dried black pepper (Piper nigrum L.). Both white and black pepper have a kick flavour in their taste. When it is added to preparation they offer and spicy flavour and tangy taste. White pepper is sharp in their taste and has a pungent aroma. Both pepper come from the same plant and similar qualities and benefits with only slight differences in its flavour and aroma.Peppers are rich in Vitamins K,C, and A and a rich source of dietary fibre.
Pepper uses – White and black pepper medicinal values,health benefits and culinary uses
- Peppercorns can be used whole, crushed or ground to add heat and flavour to cooking. Use them whole in stews and soups or as part of a bouquet garni. You will often find whole peppercorns spicing up salamis or sausages.
- Pepper is a powerful anti-oxidant.
- It is antibacterial, which was useful for meat preservation before the time of refrigerators.
- Black pepper is a good source of manganese and iron, which are important for the body to function correctly.
- White pepper powder is commonly used in light coloured dishes like stews ,casseroles, pies, mayonnaise, cream-based soups and white sauces.
- White pepper often used in instant noodles and snacks.
- In Indian cuisine, white pepper powder is used for white, cream-based gravies and curries.
Buy online naturally collected spices Black pepper,white pepper and green pepper and home made pepper powder