Aloo Kathal Chop tasty snack chops made by raw matured jackfruit (Kathal)
Aloo Kathal – Mature Jackfruit snacks
Aloo Kathal Chop is a tasty snack coming from the kitchens of Bihar. The chops are made by stuffing specially prepared kathal (Jackfruit) filling Inside a covering of mashed potato and frying the chops in oil. Generally it is had as an evening snack and is a monsoon speciality too
For the filling
- Raw Kathal (Raw Jackfruit ) -250 gm or Dehydrated raw jackfruit
- Mustard oil for frying
- Red chilli powder – 1/2tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder -1/2 tsp
- Onion – 1 or 2
- Green Chilli – 1-2
- Cloves garlic – one inch piece
- Pinch of asafoetida /hing
- salt to taste
- Cut the raw kathal or dehydrated raw jack fruit into small pieces and boil thorn well. Keep them aside to cot. After it is cooled down peel off the kathal pieces and mash them well
- Peel the garlic and ginger and grind them Into a paste. Chop the onion into fine pieces
- Heat mustard oil into a pan. Add hing,onion and green chilli. Then add mashed kathal,salt and continue to cook on low flame.
- Finally add the ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder,chill Penner, and gamin masala
- Mix well and saute on high flame for one minute Boil 6-7 big size potatoes. peel them and mash them
- Add some salt and red chili powder as per your taste and mix it well.
- Make until balls of the mashed potato,and flatten them on your palm.
Stuff the Kadial filling in the centre and close the mashed potato cover from all sides to make a chop
- Prepare the besan solution by adding a table spoon of besan,salt and red chilli powder in water
- Heat oil in a kadai and and dip the chops Fry them by turning both sides till it is brown.
- Remove the fried chop and put It on tissue paper to soak extra oil
- Serve, with coriander chutney or tomato chilli ketchup