Aval Nanachathu or Moisturized brown rice flakes
Aval Nanachathu or Moisturized brown rice flakes is an all time favourite recipe of Kerala.
Aval Nanachathu or Moisturized brown rice flakes is one of a traditional snack variety which is regarded as a nutritious recipe. Brown rice flakes are also known by the name ‘Aval’. Aval or brown rice flakes, jaggery and freshly grated coconut are the essential ingredients used in this recipe. The use of 2-3 crushed cardamom would give away a natural flavour. This recipe is typically served with ripe plantains or small bananas. Salt is not used in this recipe, as small amount of salt is present in the jaggery. It’s one of an easy snack recipe and it would take only 25 minutes for its preparation. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of Aval Nanachathu or Moisturized brown rice flakes recipe.
Buy Natural Spices and localised remedies from NatureLoC.com
Ingredients used for making Aval Nanachathu or Moisturized brown rice flakes
- 2 cups of Aval or Brown rice flakes
- 1 cup of freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of grated jaggery
- 2-3 cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed cumin seeds
Method of preparation of Aval Nanachathu or Moisturized brown rice flakes
- Take the rice flakes or Aval in a mixing bowl.
- Add the freshly grated coconut, grated jaggery and crushed cardamoms.
- Mix it really well and add the crushed cumin seeds. Mix it again to get a good mixture.
- Keep it aside for about 20 minutes.
- Once the rice flakes or Aval gets moisturised, transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve it with ripe plantains or other small banana varieties.