Cauliflower Fry – Cauliflower Gopi 65 Crispy and Tasty
Cauliflower Fry cooking recipes – Crispy and an easy snack item with less ingredients
Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables.Cauliflowers can be available all around the year in the markets. Take care before buying a cauliflower. Choose fresh heads featuring cream/snow white,compact,even heads that feel heavy in hand.Adding to cauliflower’s appeal is its extreme versatility. You can eat it raw, add it to salads, or use it in your cooking. Cauliflower can even be seasoned and mashed for a healthier version of “mashed potatoes.”
- Medium size cauliflower – One
- Rice flour – 1/5 cup
- Corn flour – 2 to 3 tsp
- Red chilli powder or Kashmiri chilli powder – 3 pinches
- Turmeric powder – 2 to 3 pinches
- Salt to taste
- Slice cauliflower into bite sized pieces
- Boil the pieces in water with salt and turmeric
- Switch off the flame
- Let the cauliflower pieces stay covered for ten to fifteen minutes and drain water completely
- Take the cauliflower pieces in a broad vessel, sprinkle rice flour, corn flour, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix well so that the chilli powder coats the cauliflower, else sprinkle a little water to make it stick.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the florets over medium flame until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot.
Crispy cauliflower fry Gobi 65 Easy and tasty recipe
Crispy cauliflower fry is an easy and crispy party snack. So simple and the cauliflower stayed crispy too
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Thick Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Red chilli powder or Kashmiri chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves few
- Food colour a pinch (optional)
- Rice flour – 3 tsp
- Oil to fry
- Wash and clean the cauliflower florets. Wash it twice in hot water.
- You can dip this cauliflower in hot water for 2 minutes and pat dry them completely.
- Mix the yogurt, fennel powder, red chilli powder and salt together into a paste. Add food colour,if adding, at this stage.
- Add this masala paste to the cauliflower florets and mix well for even coating. Add this just before frying. Sprinkle the rice flour to this
- Mix well after adding rice flour.
- Heat the oil and when it is hot, put the flame to medium and fry in batches. Never over crowd the pan.
Always fry this mixture immediately. Else it will turn soggy. Even if you want to make it later, make the yogurt mixture ready and just mix the rest of the ingredients before
- Fennel seed powder can be replaced with garam masala too.
- Ginger garlic paste can also be added.
- Chaat masala can also be added.