Diwali Delights – Soan Papdi – Homemade sweets recipes
Diwali sweets – delights – Soan Papdi home made preparation
Soan Papdi – Sweet Recipe – How to make Soan Papdi
- 1 and 1/2 half cup – Ghee
- Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Maida – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Pistachios and almond – As required
Soan Papdi preparation
- In a big non-stick pan, add ghee and heat.
- Then add gram flour and maida and cook on a low flame for about 10 minutes until it smells cooked.
- Keep on a very low flame.
- Take a medium-sized steel vessel, add sugar and about half a cup of water and mix well.
- Add 3 tbsp honey and 1 tsp lemon juice. This is to prevent the sugar from hardening.
- Continue stirring on a low flame until the colour of the mixture changes to light golden brown
At this stage test the consistency by taking a ball of the sugar syrup – a ball that won’t crack. Take a wide non-stick pan in which butter is applied. Pour the caramelizing sugar syrup into the pan and start folding it using two metal spoons. Continue this folding until the syrup forms a lump. When this consistency is reached, pour it into the warm flour- ghee mixture. Keep folding until it is well combined and you get strings.
Once it is done, add almonds and pistachios and put the mixture on a flat surface and shape it. Smoothen the top surface using a roller pin. After 10-15 minutes cut into desired shapes. After 2 hours, when it is cooled, separate along the cuttings.
Diwali Sweets Cooking Recipes |Diwali gift boxes |Spice gift box | Buy online Nuts varieties |Purchase on line Spice and herbs varieties | Buy jackfruit products on line |Sweets and chocolates |Rice Varieties