Gastritis – Six best foods that help combat gastritis
Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining due to an infection caused by the H.pylori bacteria which can lead to abdominal pain,nausea,belching,bloating,loss of appetite and indigestion. So,here are some pointers keep you safe,whether you are dining out or at home.
- Avoid too much of sugar,desserts or aerated drinks that have no nutrients and just increase the acidity in the stomach
- Reduce the consumption of raw milk, cheese,high fat paneer and khoya,particularly the one made outside as milk preparations during festive seasons are highly contaminated due to early storage.
- Avoid caffeine-rich drinks that dehydrated your body along with acid reflux and cause discomfort to your stomach
- Eat high fatty foods in moderation as they slow down the emptying of the stomach and produce more of acid to digest the food.
- Restrict alcohol consumption as they irritate the gut lining
- By opting fro freshly cooked foods over canned,preserved or processed foods,helps to keep the chances of infection at bay.
Foods that help combat gastritis
Carom seeds – carom seeds act as natural antacid that reduces gastritis
Make a decoction by boiling 2 cups of water with four teaspoons of carom seeds and reduce it to half. Strain and drink half a cup twice a day
Peppermint – Chewing on fresh peppermint leaves adding them to your foods reduces the symptoms of gastritis as it is natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory food
Ginger – Ginger has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which prove to be beneficial when suffering from gastritis
Making a honey and ginger paste in sme proportion and having it before your meals will work wonders for you
Holy Basil – From ancient times we have been told by our ancestors that holy basil has got multiple benefits and chewing
Yogurt – The active bacteria present in yogurt,known as lactobacillus acts as a probiotic that protects your stomach lining from the H.pylori bacteria by maintaining the balance of good and bad bacteria.
Fennel seeds – Fennel seeds have a cooling effect on the stomach and are extensively used when one suffers from acidity.
Besides adopting the above remedies also make sure you avoid spicy,deep fried foods alcohol and completely refrain from smoking