Nut meg wine (Jathikka wine) – A healthy beverage
Nut meg wine -Homemade wine for this festive season
Best served at room temperature this one could be a bit strong and also packs a punch when it comes to the benefits. It helps rid the toxins from kidneys and also boosts overall health
- Nutmeg – (use only the outer cover and flesh) – 1 kg
- Yeast -1/4 tsp
- Sugar about 2 kg
- Boiled water – 3 litres
- Chop the nutmeg and mix it well with sugar in boiling water .
- Let it cool,and when slightly warm, add the yeast and mix well.
- Once it all cools,close it but keep the lid loose.
- Stir the mixture for a few minutes every day.
- After about 20 days strain it out.
- Now,heat a cup of sugar on medium flame till it turns dark brown,and add a cup of hot water to it.
- Boil the mixture . Once cool, mix it with the wine.
- Keep the wine for another 20 to 21 days before using