Gooseberry Squash (Nellikka/amla) – Refreshing healthy drink
Gooseberry Squash (Nellikka) – Refreshing and nutritious healthy drink
Gooseberry squash an easy health drink have high medicinal and nutritional value. They are rich in vitamin A and C,and are a good source of fibre and potassium.Gooseberries have high medicinal and nutritional value. They are rich in vitamin A and C,and are a good source of fibre and potassium.Gooseberry or amla is a fruits which is famous for its health benefits. Fruit by itself has bitter and sour taste. This is an easy summer cool squash with high health value .This is a good healthy drink for diabetic people and others as well.
Nellikka or amla or gooseberry squash – A sweet lingering taste drink
- Gooseberry(Nellikka) – 10 nos
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Lemon – 1 no
- Salt – 1 tsp or as required
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- For preparing gooseberry(nellikka) squash, (Select big juicy Gooseberries) first wash the nellikka well and remove the seeds.
- Clean and cut the ginger into small pieces. Grind the nellikka and ginger pieces together in a mixie.
- Filter the ground mix into a jug/glass vessel.
- Add 1-2 teaspoon salt into this filtered water.
- Also add 2-3 teaspoon of sugar into this mix and stir it well.
- Cut one lemon into two pieces and add the juice into the water as shown below. Stir the mix well. The squash is ready.
- The salt, ginger and sugar can be added subject to the requirement.Change the squash into a bottle and keep it in the fridge. As and when required, take some squash, add required water and serve. This is a good healthy drink for diabetic people and others as well.