How to make sweet Pazham pori/ Ethakka appam in 15 minutes?
Pazham pori or Ethakka appam is one of the very popular snacks of Kerala. It is one of the all-time favourite snacks of Keralites.
Pazham pori or banana fritters is a simple recipe which can be prepared within 15 minutes. It can be taken with a hot cup of tea/coffee. The homemade version of pazham pori is small when compared to the ones prepared in restaurants.
The banana used for making these fritters are called by the name ethakka or ethapazham. The taste of this snack depends on the usage of fully riped bananas. Fully riped ones can give you the sweetest and delicious pazham pori.
Ingredients required for making Pazham pori/ Ethakka appam/ Banana fritters.
- 4 riped banana
- 1 cup of all purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 Teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of rice powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 pinch of Turmeric powder (Good quality turmeric powder is available for sale on www.natureloc.com)
- Coconut oil (as per the need for deep frying)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking powder.
Method of preparation
- Mix the all purpose flour or Maida with sugar, baking powder, salt and water to form a semi thick batter.
- Add a bit of turmeric powder to have a light yellow colour.
- Peel the bananas and slice them (lengthwise) into two equal half. Each half can be sliced one more time according to your requirement.
- Heat the coconut oil in a deep bottom frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, dip each slices in the batter and fry them until they attain a golden brown colour.
- Flip them one or two times in between.
- Remove the fried ones and drain the excess oil with paper napkins.
- Serve it hot.