Tasty Vegetable Spring Roll preparation
Vegetable Spring Roll is one of a Chinese recipe that has gained much popularity during the last decade.
Nowadays, vegetable spring rolls are a readily available dish in most of the supermarkets, restaurants etc. We can make this recipe at our home, customised to your own taste and requirements. The fillings are made using various vegetables like carrots, cabbage, Capsicum, beans etc. The use of Soya sauce gives away a unique flavour. The spicy flavour is due to the use of black pepper powder. All purpose flour or maida is used for the preparation of spring roll wrappers. As in the case of various Chinese recipes, the ginger-garlic paste is also used for the taste. It is always better to cut the spring rolls before serving, as it helps to cool the inside fillings. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of Vegetable Spring Roll.
Buy good quality spices, dry fruits, nuts varieties, jackfruit products are available for sale on natureloc.com
Ingredients used for making the spring roll wrapper
- 1 cup of All purpose flour/Maida
- Salt for the taste
- 3/4 cup of water
Method of preparation of spring roll wrapper
- Take the All purpose flour/Maida in mixing bowl and add the a pinch of salt for the taste. Mix it really well.
- Add the water in a little by little manner and mix the contents thoroughly to form a thin batter. (Use more water as per the requirement)
- Cover the batter and keep it aside for about thirty minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan in a medium flame and grease it with some butter. After one minute reduce the flame to a low-medium range.
- Drop 1/2 tablespoon of the batter to the middle of the pan. Spread the batter with the outside of the spoon to form a circular shape. Also, it should be of a wrapper thickness and 6 inches in diameter.
- Continue cooking until the wrapper becomes dry and comes off from the sides of the pan.
- When it’s ready, take the wrapper from the pan and transfer it to a plate.
- Continue the process till the whole of the batter is made into wrappers.
Ingredients used for the fillings
- 1 cup of shredded Carrot
- 1/2 of shredded Cabbage
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped Capsicum
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped beans
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 2 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- Salt for the taste
- 2-3 tablespoon of cooking oil for stir-frying
Method of preparation of Vegetable Spring Roll filling
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan. Add all the vegetables and ginger-garlic paste, saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, pepper powder and the salt.
- Saute it for few minutes and take it off the pan. Keep it aside for cooling.
Final Preparation of Vegetable Spring Roll
- Cut the wrapper sheet into a square shape. Keep it in a diamond shape.
- Place 2 tablespoon of the fillings diagonally on the sheet. Fold up one corner with the fillings, roll it tight.
- Take the left side corner and the right side corner of the wrapper and fold them inside, continue the rolling and tightly seal it with few drops of water.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the spring rolls to a light golden colour.
- Remove from the pan and keep it on the paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve it with tomato sauce or chilli sauce.