Kantakari(Kandakari or Solanum surattense)-An Easy Relief from Respiratory Disorders
Kantakari(Kandakari or Solanum surattense) An Ayurvedic Remedy for Respiratory Disorders
Kantakari(കണ്ടകാരി)is also known as Solanum surattense or Indian Solanum.This is an Ayurvedic herb which contains sharp spiny branches.Prickles are yellow in colour and they are very shiny.This herb is found all over Asia, especially in India.The flowers of the plant are purple in colour and it has round shaped fruit.Its fruits are green and yellow in colour.The lant is bright-green in colour.The leaves are hairy and egg shaped.All the parts of the plant have medicinal value.This plant is used as a medicine in Ayurveda, Unani and Siddha.
Kantakari(Kandakari or Solanum surattense) for Respiratory Disorders
- Kantakari(കണ്ടകാരി)is a Natural Ayurvedic remedy for Respiratory disorders such as Cough, Asthma and also for bronchitis .
- This is a natural bronchodilator and mucolytic.
- Kandakari(കണ്ടകാരി) is helpful for reducing cough and breathlessness due to Asthma.
- This herb is beneficial during the depletion of histamine from the lung tissue.
- This helps in easy breathing this is by extract excess mucus from chest cavity
For good quality dried Kandakari(Solanum surattense) available from NatureLoC.com
Other Important Uses of Kantakari
- For irritation in throat:-Kandakari(കണ്ടകാരി) is useful in relief from Tonsillitis and Sore Throat.This is because it contains antibacterial agents.
- For Stomach Disorders:-This helps in nutrition absorption in the body.Can also give relief from intestinal infections.Becuase it has worm destroying property.
- Used for Dropsy:-The herb is good for relieving Dropsy.Deprosy is the extra collection of fluids from the tissues and cavities of the body.
- Anti-Inflammatory action:-Kantakari(കണ്ടകാരി)is good for arthritis, joint pain, muscle pain, and other inflammatory conditions.
- For painful and swollen joints .Apply paste form of the herb to the painful joints.
- For snake and scorpion bites:-Here the plant root is ground into a paste and mixed with lemon .
- The roots and seeds can be used for a cough ,asthma and chest pain.
- Kandakari reduces worms, itching and also can be used for fever.
Crushed or Dried Ayurvedic Medicines are Available from NatureLoC.com