Keto Vegetarian Recipes Nobody Will Tell You About For Ketogenic Diet
Keto Vegetarian Recipes
Keto Vegetarian Recipes – With so many diets under the sun, the trending ketogenic diet has currently been taking the entire fitness industry by the storm. Although, the diet originated as a treatment for epileptic seizures in kids, nowadays weight loss typically calls for the first reason for people to adopt the keto diet. The interest in keto has far outpaced attention in other fad diets. However, along with getting the credit for being a quick way to shed those extra pounds, the ketogenic or keto diet which is a low-carb, high-fat approach to eating, also has many other health advantages.
Keto Vegetarian Recipes aims to lead to weight reduction through the process of fat-burning. It not only counters inflammation but also prevents ageing. The ultimate goal is to rapidly shed the unwanted kilos, and eventually feel fuller with lesser cravings, while positively enhancing your mood, cerebral focus and boosting energy levels.
Another aspect that makes the diet stand out among other low-carb diets is that along with cutting down on carbs dieters also tend to limit their sugar consumption. This bestows you with a stable energy supply. What’s more, going the ketogenic way leads to fewer hunger pangs and a lowered desire to binge eat.
5 Keto Vegetarian Recipes
Let’s look at 5 Keto Vegetarian Recipes good for those following ketogenic diet
1. Keto Avocado Pie
For Pie Crust:
- Almond Flour – 3/4th cup
- Sesame seeds – 4 tbsp
- Coconut flour – 4 tbsp
- Ground Psyllium Husk Powder – 1 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Virgin olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – 4 tbsp
For the Filling:
- Ripened Avocados – 2
- Eggless Mayonnaise – 1 cup
- Cream Cheese – 1 cup
- Fresh cilantro (chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Pepper (finely chopped) – 1
- Salt to taste
- Onion Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Shredded cheese – 1/4th cup
- Start this recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine all the components required for the pie dough in a food processor for a couple of minutes till you are able to form a ball with the dough. You can also knead the ingredients together in a bowl by making use of your hands or fork in case you don’t have a food processor.
- Attach a piece of parchment paper to a spring form pan and grease the pan and the paper.
- By using an oiled spatula or your fingers, spread the dough into the pan. This must be followed by pre-baking the crust for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Split the avocado and dice it. Deseed the chili and finely chop it. Place the avocado and the chili in a bowl and blend with the other ingredients.
- The mixture must be gently poured into the pie crust and must be baked for 35 minutes or till they turn lightly golden brown. After it cools serve the pie with green salad.
2. Keto Paneer Satay
FOR PANEER SATAY:-
- Paneer – 200 g
- Lemongrass (finely chopped) – 1
- Ground turmeric – 1 tsp
- Ground cumin – 1/4 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Erythritol – 1 tsp
FOR PEANUT SAUCE: –
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Shallot or Onion (Diced) – 1
- Lemongrass (finely chopped) – 1
- Large pinch of dried chilli flakes (or more to taste)
- Garlic cloves (pureed) – 2
- Ginger (pureed) – 2
- Peanuts (skinned, crushed and roasted) – 100 g
- Water – 100 ml
- Coconut milk – 100 ml
- Dark soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Soft dark of erythritol (according to taste) – 2 tsp
- Large pinch of salt, to taste
- Lime, juiced – 1/2
- For the satay, mix all the ingredients and let them sit and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- For the peanut sauce, heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, lemongrass and chilli flakes, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook for 30 seconds more before adding peanuts, water, coconut milk, sugar and soy sauce.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is thickened.
- Add lime and salt to taste. If the sauce is too thick to use as a dipping sauce, add a little water to dilute it.
- For the satay, divide the paneer between 4 skewers. Heat a frying pan on high heat, add a little oil and fry the paneer until golden and a bit charred on the outside. The paneer should be soft in the center. If your paneer pieces are quite large, you may need to fry the skewers to get a good colour and finish by baking in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the sauce in a small, shallow bowl and serve along with the paneer.
- NOTE: The oil from coconut milk and peanuts will form a layer on the surface which is the traditional look of the sauce.
3. Keto-Friendly Zucchini Grilled Cheese Toast
- Two grated zucchini, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and shredded cheddar
- Two thinly sliced green onions
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Start the process by squeezing extra moisture out of the zucchini with a clean towel. Mix zucchini with corn-starch, green onions, and Parmesan in a bowl.
- Pour vegetable oil in a large skillet, enough to layer the pan’s bottom. Dig out about one-fourth cup of the zucchini mix, shape into a small square and put it on the one side of the pan.
- Repeat the procedure in order to form another patty and set it on the other side. You must keep cooking them until they turn golden brown on both the sides, say for about four minutes per side.
- Once you are done, gently remove them from heat to drain any excess oil on paper napkins. Replicate the same process with the remaining of the zucchini mixture. Ensure you have wiped the skillet clean.
- Place 2 zucchini patties in the same skillet over medium flame and top with shredded cheese, then place two more zucchini patties on top to form two sandwiches.
- Continue to cook for 2 minutes until the cheese has melted. Repeat the same process with remaining ingredients. Serve hot.
4. Italian Herbed Keto Bread Sticks
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded – 2 cups
- Almond flour – 3/4th cup
- Psyllium husk powder – 1 tbsp
- Cream cheese – 3 tbsp
- Egg replacer – 1
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together egg replacer and cream cheese until slightly combined and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients namely almond flour, Psyllium husk, and baking powder.
- Take the mozzarella cheese and heat it for 20 seconds and stir it. Repeat this process of heating and stirring until the cheese starts sizzling.
- Add the egg replacer and cream cheese mix and the dry ingredients into the mozzarella cheese and mix together. Knead the dough together. Once it is combined, set on a silicon baking mat.
- Press the dough flat until you have a full baking sheet worth of dough. Transfer the dough in a foil so that you can use a pizza cutter on it. Knives and sharp objects should never be used on the silicon baking mat.
- Cut the dough in required sizes and add the seasoning.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until crisp. Serve it Warm!
5. Keto Sweet-Chilli Dipping Sauce
- Red chillies, stems removed – 2 large
- Fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped – 15 g
- Lemongrass stems, outer leaves removed and then finely sliced – 2
- Handful of coriander leaves, stems and roots
- Sugar – 100 g
- Cider vinegar – 35 ml
- Garlic cloves, peeled – 5
- Put the chillies, garlic, lemongrass, ginger & coriander into a food blender or processor & puree to a coarse paste.
- Put sugar in a saucepan with 4 tablespoons of water & place over a moderate heat & stir well until the sugar is dissolved. When it has, remove the spoon and turn the heat up to full. Boil until it has turned a light caramel colour.
- Add the cider vinegar & fish sauce (if using), then add it to the food processor or blender, being careful of the hot liquid. Using an oven glove to hold down the lid switch onto a low speed & blend the mixture to a smoother consistency.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.