Kuttanadan Duck Kuruma – Taste of Kerala
Kuttanadan Duck Kuruma – Traditional taste of Kerala
Here’s to the season when traditional dishes arrive on the table. some much loved recipes
Festivities bring traditional dishes to the table. Here are a simple and easy to cook recipes with touch of tradition
Kuttanadan Duck Kuruma Ingredients
- Duck -1
- Onion -4
- tomato – 3
- Ginger – 1 piece
- Garlic -1 pod
- Green chillies – 4
- Curry leaves – 2 sticks
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Spicy masala pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Perumjeera – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves -4
- Cardamom -2
- Cinnamon – 1
- Clean and cut duck into medium sized pieces
- Add salt to taste and saute in a frying pan for 10 minutes so that oil oozes our from the skin.
- Leave the oil and take our the duck pieces and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker,add chopped onion,ginger,garlic,green chillies and curry leaves and saute for a while until softened
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir till the tomatoes soften.
- Add the crushed spicy masala and stir.
- Finally add chilli,turmeric and coriander powder.
- Mix thoroughly and keep on a low fire for a few minutes.
- Then add the duck pieces,salt to taste and enough boiled water and close the lid.
- Once the duck is cooked (after 3-4 whistles) and the gravy thickens,remove from fire.
- Transfer the duck with a dark thick gravy in a dish,decorate with curry leaves and serve hot
Spices herbs nuts varieties buy online – kitchen classics spices cook box buy online from NatureLoc.com