Mushroom cooking recipes – Mushroom Poriyal
A feast of mushrooms – Mushroom recipes – Tamil style dish
Mushrooms possess several beneficial health qualities. They are a collective natural source of vitamins, minerals, antibiotics, antioxidants and amino acids. They are neither a fruit nor a vegetable. They are a special type of edible fungi and have many different names. Many of the species of mushrooms are not edible. They are poisonous and similar in appearance with the edible ones. You must have a genuine idea about the edible species while selecting mushrooms for consumption.
- Mushroom – 4 (gives 1 cup when washed and cut)
- Small onions – 1 cup (Cut lengthwise)
- Green chillies – 2 slit into 2
- Curry leaves – 3 stalks
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1.2 tbsp
- Split urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sambhar chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut mushrooms .
- Heat oil,add mustard seeds. When it splutters,add urad dal.
- When it turns golden,add the curry leaves,onions and green chillies. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the turmeric,salt and chilly powder.
- Add the mushrooms and close the vessel with a tight lid. Let it cook in low to medium flame.
- The mushrooms will cook in their won juice,so don’t add water.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked,let the water evaporate.
- Remove from heat and serve with bot rice.
- Mushroom recipes – Mushroom Omelette-Vegetable Kuruma
- Cream of mushroom soup recipe – Source of powerful nutrients
- Are you aware of the health benefits of mushrooms? What are its qualities?