Parsley Recipes – Parsley soup – Fresh Mushroom Parsley salad – Sweet Parsley wine
Parsley Soup – instant soups you can make at home
- Medium potatoes 2 Nos cubed
- cups stock – 3 cups
- Thinly sliced large onions – 2
- Butter – 2tbsp
- Minced Parsley – 1/4 cup
In a medium saucepan cook the potatoes in stock until tender, about 20 minutes.In a frying pan over low heat, cook the onions in butter until they are tender. Add onions and parsley to potatoes. If desired, pureé part or all of the soup.
Fresh Mushroom, Parsley, and Radish Salad
- Garlic Clove pressed – 1
- Large white mushrooms thinly sliced – 8
- Minced fresh parsley – 1/3 cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 Tbsp
- Fresh basil leaves,salt and fresh ground pepper – a pinch
- Leaf lettuce bibb lettuce
- Finely chopped radishes – 1/3 cup
Place the garlic, mushrooms, parsley, lemon juice, and oil in a glass bowl and toss with the basil.
Salt and pepper to taste. Marinate at least 30 minutes. Add the greens and toss. Sprinkle with the radishes and serve.(Herbal Salads)
Sweet Parsley Wine
1 full quart fresh parsley (or ¾ qt dried)
1 gallon cold water
7 cup sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
juice and rind (no white) of 2 oranges
½ Tbsp ginger
1 pkg dried yeast
- First day: stem and wash parsley.
- Slowly bring parsley and orange rind to a boil in water, reduce heat, and simmer for ½ hour.
- Strain the liquid into a fermentation jar and when mixture is between 65 and 70F add the fruit juice, cloves, sugar and yeast dissolved in a little water.
- Let this combination stand in a warm place to ferment.
- About eleven days later: strain liquid into jugs with fermentation locks.
- Approximately twelve days later: siphon into clean containers to clear and mature.
- About one year later: bottle to enjoy next year.
Label each bottle with the exact name of the wine and the date