A Few Prawns (Shrimps) Health Benefits And Side Effects Which You Never Knew
Prawns (Shrimps) are important types of seafood that are consumed worldwide. Although they belong to different suborders, they are very similar in appearance and the terms are often used interchangeably in commercial farming and wild fisheries.
- Highly rich in energy and low in fat.
- Rich in selenium which prevents the growth of cancer cells therefore protecting the body from cancer.
- The fatty acids reduces and prevents the body against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Maintains good cardiovascular health due to its high content in vitamin B12 contributes to better cardiovascular regulation.
- Calcium and vitamin E content in it maintains healthy skin, teeth and bones. They are a low-fat source of protein.
- The anti-oxidants present in the it helps to improve the skin health better.
- The high zinc level present in the prawns also improves the immune health. It treats the dead cells and tissue and helps inner working of white blood cells.
High in Cholesterol
152 mg of cholesterol per 100 g serving of prawns, just 2 servings would put you daily diet over the recommended allowance of 300 mg of cholesterol. Which may cause heart diseases.
These include some toxic content such as dioxins, PCBs, and other banned chemicals which are the major disadvantages of eating it.
Farming the prawns is harmful to the other fishes as they are also fatal for fishes because they take 3 pounds of wild-caught fish to feed produce a single pound of farmed prawns.
Affect Digestive System
They contain the extra quantity of skin in them which is hard to digest and may also affect our digestive system.
For some persons it maybe allergenic. It may cause the stomach problems and as well as diarrhea. So people are recommended to eat it from their trusted restaurants.