Ragi Soup Recipe | Easy Recipe For Weight Loss | NatureLoC Recipes
Ragi Soup is a simple and healthy way of enjoying the goodness of fresh vegetables along with the high benefits of this cereal. It is a balanced health food that is perfectly oil free and does not add to your calories while you enjoy its yummy taste. The minimum use of oil makes it one of the best recipes for weight loss.
Ragi is a powerhouse of health benefiting nutrients that help in reducing weight and also acts as a treatment for multiple diseases like Anaemia and Diabetes. It is a natural relaxant that helps in relieving stress and anxiety. It is one such rare cereal that doesn’t need to be polished and, therefore, can be consumed in its purest form with all its goodness intact.
Ragi Soup Recipe
- 3/4th cup ragi flour
- 1/2 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/4th cup green peas
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/4th cup carrots chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 litre water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt and red chilli powder – to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- few bay leaves
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- In a pan, add water and bring to boil.
- Add onion and garlic to it followed by carrots, cauliflower, green peas, tomatoes, salt, sugar and chilli powder. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add cumin seeds and bay leaves, let it splutter. Add it to the soup.
- Follow it up with the milk and ragi flour dissolved in plain water. Allow it to simmer for 10 mins.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot.