Rice Vadam (Rice Fritters) Recipe : Make Crispy Rice Vadam At Home
Rice Vadam (Rice Fritters) is made from good quality rice. Crispy fried rice vattal can be easily prepared and this recipe goes well with rice. It attains brown texture on frying.
Kondattams (Vattals) are sun-dried vegetables ready for fry and eat with rice. They can be made of various vegetables, raw fruits, tubers, roots. NatureLoC provides fresh homemade kondattams or vattals.
They come as instant saviours when we are running a little low on a side dish for rice. Vattals make the meal so tasty and satisfying too. They are made of sago, dried vegetables, rice, sun-dried and then fried in coconut oil or other cooking oil according to your taste. In Kerala, vegetables are chopped into slight thin pieces and are then sun-dried, preserved as kondattams for later use. When it is ready to use, just deep fried in oil and eaten with rice, kanji or it used in curries and many other special dishes.
Rice Vadam Recipe
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Green chillies – 3
- Black sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 5 cups
- Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Add 1 cup water in rice flour, mix well.
- In a vessel, boil the remaining water.
- Add the rice mixture, when the water starts to boil.
- Stir well until the mixture thickens on low heat. The colour will change slightly.
- Mix the green chillies, asafoetida and salt with little water and add to the rice mixture. Mix well and remove from flame.
- Crush the black sesame seeds and add to the mixture. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Mix 1 Tsp oil in 1 cup of water. In a plastic paper, spread the oil everywhere.
- Keep the mixture on the paper, and keep it under the sun. Let it dry for 2-3 days until they are dry and crispy.
- Whenever required, heat oil in a pan and deep fry the vadams until they puff up.
- Serve them hot with rice or like any other snack items.