Soft and crispy Chicken Cutlet
Chicken cutlets can be served as an evening snack along with tomato sauce.
People of all ages likes this recipe for its unique taste and intriguing aroma. Boneless chicken pieces and mashed potatoes were the main ingredients used in this recipe. Unlike many other chicken recipes, chicken cutlets are easy to make. It wouldn’t take much time for its preparation. Chilli powder, pepper powder and green chillies imparts a spicy flavour. Along with the spices, chicken masala can also be used for the taste. Egg and bread crumbs were used to increase the softness. Have a look at the ingredients required and the method of preparation of Chicken cutlet.
Ingredients required for making Chicken cutlet
- 1/2 kg of boneless chicken
- 2-3 boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger
- 2-3 green chilli (chopped to fine pieces)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- Salt as per the taste
Method of preparation
- Wash the potatoes and cook it in a pan. Once it is cooked peel off the skin and mash it into a paste. Keep it aside for further use.
- Take out the boneless chicken pieces and cut them into small pieces. Apply the red chilli powder and the turmeric powder. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the chicken pieces with water and salt in a pressure cooker. Once it is cooked, take out the cooker from the flame. When the pressure is reduced, take out the cooked chicken pieces and keep it in a bowl.
- Meanwhile heat some oil in a pan, when its hot add the onion pieces, chopped ginger pieces and sliced green chillies. Saute them to a soft state.
- Mince the chicken pieces and add it to the pan along with garam masala and chilli powder. Saute the contents for about 10-15 minutes
- Turn off the flame and wait for about 10 minutes for it to cool down.
- Once it is cooled, add the mashed potatoes and mix it really well.
- Take out small pieces from the mixture and roll them to form lemon sized balls. Press this in between your palm and give it a shape.
- Dip these shaped pieces in a bowl containing beaten eggs and roll them in another bowl containing bread cramps.
- Keep in mind that all the sides of the cutlet should be fully covered with breadcrumbs
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the cutlets in a low medium flame. Once they are fried to a golden brown colour, take it out from the oil and transfer it to serving plate.
- Serve the cutlets with tomato ketchup or sauce