How to Make Vegetable Momos – Vegetable Momos Recipe
Momo is a type of South Asian dumpling; native to Tibet, Nepal, and the Sikkim, Assam & Darjeeling regions. Momo is a type of steamed dumpling with some form of filling.
There are typically 2 types of momo:
Momo is usually served with a dipping sauce (locally called chutney), normally made with tomato as the base ingredient. Soup momo is a dish with steamed momo immersed in a meat broth.
Ingredients – Momos Recipe
- 2 Cups Maida
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Cup Carrots, grated
- 1 Cup Cabbage, grated
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
Instructions – Momos Recipe
- Mix the maida, salt and baking powder and knead to a stiff dough with water.
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Saute over high heat and add the carrot and cabbage. Turn around over high heat till glossy.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the Soya sauce, salt, vinegar and black pepper.
- Roll the dough thin (translucent) and cut into 4″-5″ rounds.
- Take a round, wet edges and place some filling in the center.
- Bring edges together to cover the filling. Twist to seal and fill the rest in the same way.
- Steam for about 10 minutes and serve with soya sauce and chilli sauce.