How to Make Kaju Ki Barfi: Kaju Barfi Recipe (Kaju Katli) – Indian Sweets
Kaju Barfi Recipe
Kaju literally means cashew nuts and barfi is a type of Indian sweet. Cashew nut and milk based sweet traditionally served at special occasions, topped by silver leaf.
Kaju Barfi is one of the more expensive Indian sweets when compared to other barfis. It is relished and gifted extensively during special occasions and festivals in India.
- Recipe Servings: 10 people
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking Time:
- Total Time:
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Cashew nuts – 250 gm
- Sugar – 250 gm (1 cup)
- Milk – 240 gm (1 cup)
- Few silver leaves – for decoration (optional)
- A greased plate to set the barfi in
- Blend cashews and milk in a blender to a fine paste.
- Mix paste and sugar and cook over low heat stirring till the sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil.
- Continue stirring over medium heat, till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, and becomes a dough like paste.
- Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, roll it on to a greased surface, with a greased rolling pin (roll before it cools).
- Roll to 1/4cm / 1/8″ thickness.
- Now cover with the silver leaf and leave to cool, then cut into diamond shaped pieces.