5 Proven Benefits Of Dry Ginger Powder (Chukku), Sonth Powder Health Benefits
Dry Ginger Powder
Dry Ginger Powder is also known as (Sonth) in Hindi, ‘Sonti‘ in Telugu, (Chukku or Sukku) in Tamil, ‘Chukku‘ in Malayalam, ‘Shunti‘ in Kannada, ‘Sonth‘ in Bengali, ‘Soonth‘ in Gujarati and ‘Suntha‘ in Marathi.
This comes from fresh ginger that is dried before being used. It is a fine off-white powder that has a strong aroma and pungent flavour. This is mostly easy to store and has a long shelf life of a year. Find out here what are the benefits of dry ginger powder.
- Dried ginger powder is used in spices and masalas for gravies, curries, marinades, stews etc.
- Mix cinnamon, fennel, cardamom and cloves to make masala tea with powdered ginger
- Used to flavour ginger breads.
- Dried ginger root powder is also used for food preparations for expecting women and feeding mothers.
- It is used for adding flavor to a variety of baked dishes like ginger cookies and ginger candies.
Cures Stomach Ache
Dry ginger powder together with sugar cane juice is used to cure stomach irritation. Consume this mixture everyday early in the morning to get relief from stomach irritation.
The most common problem of headaches can be cured by applying the powder paste on the forehead. This therapy is used to cure headaches. You can also apply the paste on your throat to relieve throat pain.
Dry ginger powder contains thermogenic agents that are useful to burn fat and treat obesity. Take this powder to increase metabolism rate that will burn off stored fat in the body. This is also useful to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body.
Promotes Weight Loss
One of the effective benefits of ginger powder is aiding in weight loss. Ginger powder tea is the best remedy to lose weight. Add ½ teaspoon of dry ginger powder in a cup of hot water. Dissolve this properly and drink this everyday for weight loss. This tea can also be sweetened with honey, if required.