Cardamom essential oil – Uses and health values
What is cardamom essential oil?
Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum Maton.) is a herbaceous perennial belonging to the family Zingiberaceae. Its dried fruit is one of the highly priced spices in the world. The dried fruit is used either whole or in ground form as a flavouring agent and also in the medicinal preparations for ingestion for flatulence. The most functionally important constituent of cardamom is its volatile oil. The oil is used in perfumes and as a stimulant.
The oil extracted from freshly dried cardamom through the steam distillation procedure is known to be used for various purposes. Cardamom essential oil is a non-toxic and gentle oil, that is at once mysterious and exotic. It has numerous health benefits for skin,hair,tooth and is extensively admired for its use in aromatherapy.It has been used for over 3000 years in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. The common traditional uses for cardamom were to support the body’s defenses against bronchial and digestive issues
- Cardamom essential oil is a non-toxic and gentle oil, that is at once mysterious and exotic. Its therapeutic properties useful in various traditional medications Here some health uses of cardamom oil
- Cardamom’s potent carminative and antispasmodic properties help provide relief against indigestion, nausea, abdominal distension, colic, and flatulence, while its relaxant properties can provide a quick fix to annoying hiccups.
- The therapeutic properties of cardamom oil are antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative,cephalic, digestive, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, stomachic and tonic.
- Apply cardamom oil on your skin regularly, it can open your skin pores and prevent breakouts of pimples,acne etc..,
- This spice oil can work as a peroxide booster when used with distilled water and honey or extra virgin olive oil and cinnamon.
You can apply these mixtures on your hair and lighten it naturally without any adverse side effects.
- Cardamom (elaichi) medicinal uses and values
- Cardamom (elachi) – A delicious spice species and its uses
- Cardamom (Elachi) -True (green) and Black cardamom