Chicken With Pistachio Nuts Recipe – Pistachio Nuts Benefits
Pistachio nuts have become widely available in recent years and make a welcome addition to a healthy diet. They are rich in beta-sitosterols, which can lower bad cholesterol and may protect against cancers. They are also a good source of fibre and soluble fibre, which offer benefits for the blood cholesterol profile, and may help prevent certain cancers and symptoms of digestive problems, such as constipation and irritable bowel syndrome. The nuts also contain a range of minerals, B vitamins, and are also a good source of protein, being less high in fat than other types of nuts.
Servings: 4 People
- 50 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 egg white beaten
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 450 g skinless chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 450 g mushrooms, (thinly sliced)
- 1 broccoli head (stem removed)
- 150 g beansprouts
- 150 g pistachio nuts
- Boiled Rice, to serve
- Mix the chicken stock, soy sauce, white wine and 1 tsp cornflour together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the egg white, salt, 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp cornflour together in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat it finely.
- Heat kadai and add oil, and then add chicken, stir-fry until golden color. Remove the chicken from the kadai.
- Add oil in kadai, if required and stir-fry the mushrooms, then add the broccoli and stir-fry for additional 2-3 mins.
- Return the chicken to kadai and add the beansprouts, then add pista nuts. Stir-fry until all the ingredients are throughly warm. Add the chicken stock mixture and cook, stir, until thickened.
- Serve over rice, garnished with some pistachio nuts.
A dish of unshelled pistachio nuts makes a healthy pre-dinner snack. They are easy to shell before eating and you can eat the brown skin on the nuts, which adds extra fibre and nutrients. Add pista nuts to grain salads, breakfast cereals and stuffings.
Did You Know ?
Pista nuts are one of the few nuts to contain carotenes, which cause their distinctive green-coloured flesh. Promotes digestive system and improves blood circulation. Controls blood sugar levels.