Dates and Lime Pickle Recipe – Sweet and Sour Pickle – NatureLoC Recipes
Dates and Lime Pickle
Dates and Lime Pickle delivers the real taste and the flavours of dates and lime. The dates in the pickle brings you the sweet taste, while the lime provides the sour taste, making it a must buy product to have with Biryani’s and other meals.
Authentic Dates & Lime Pickle from NatureLoC, mixed with the infusion of seasame oil, fenugreek and other spices. The spiced tangy mix of condiments brings out the special feel of nostalgia.
Dates and Lime Pickle Recipe
- 4 large lemons (if small, then 8-10 lemons)
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2-3 dry red chillies
- 1/2 inch ginger (thinly sliced)
- garlic 10 cloves (sliced or halved if large)
- 3-4 green chillies, slit (optional)
- 20 dates (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Heat 1 tbsp seasame oil in a pan. Add the lemons and stir until their skin becomes soft. About 5-8 mins.
- Allow it to cool. Cut into 8 pieces and transfer into a glass jar or a bowl.
- Add salt and 1.5 tsp sugar to the lemon pieces. Mix well and set aside for a minimum of 2 hrs.
- Heat 2 tbsp seasame oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and fry the dried red chillies.
- Add sliced ginger, garlic, and green chillies. Fry until light golden color.
- Now add the chopped dates, cook until they are soft for about 3 mins. Bring down the heat to low.
- Add chilli powder, fenugreek powder, asafoetida, and 1 tsp sugar. Saute for a min.
- Next add hot water, salt and vinegar. Boil for 2 mins until it becomes thick. Switch off and set aside to cool.
- Add the lemon pieces and mix it well. Transfer to an airtight jar.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Let it cool completely. Pour the cooled oil on top of the pickle.
- You can have it after 2-3 days, but it tastes the best after 2-3 months.
- Keep it refrigerated in order to increase its shelf-life.