Mango Pickle Recipe – Homemade Manga Achar – NatureLoC Recipes
Authentic mango pickle from NatureLoC, mixed with the infusion of mustard oil, fenugreek and other spices. The spiced tangy mix of condiments brings out the special feel of nostalgia.
Pickles (Achars) – An essential element of Kerala meals. Keralites always relish spicy, hot pickles or achars, especially during lunch and dinner.
Pickles are an important delicacy present in almost all parts of the world. Once prepared, this recipe can be used for the next few months, that is, unlike many other recipes; pickles have a long shelf life.
Mango Pickle Recipe
- 1 & 1/4 cup mango pieces
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 3 tbsp red chilli powder
- salt as required
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp seasame oil
- Choose fresh, raw and unripe mango which is firm and has a clear skin.
- Add the mango pieces in a dry a bowl.
- Mix red chilli powder, mustard seeds, salt and crushed garlic.
- Pour oil and mix well. Set aside for 24-28 hrs.
- Store this mango pickle in an air tight clean glass jar.