Egg, Jackfruit seed and drumstick aviyal – Kerala style recipes
How to make egg avial or Mutta aviyal
Avial is a delicious Kerala dish prepared with mixed vegetable, coconut and curd. Coconut oil and curry leaves are used as seasoning agents.It is an important recipe in Kerala cuisines. Avial is also the major recipe in Kerala traditional Onam Sadya. One cannot imagine a wedding or festival menu in Kerala that does not include avial.
The key to making an excellent and delicious avial is to give an equal attention towards the visual appeal as well as to the crunchy consistency of the vegetables used. Here an avial with different rich traditional taste recipes
Let’s have a detailed look the ingredients used and the method of preparation of egg jackfruit seeds,drumstick aviyal.
Egg aviyal with different taste and flavour
- Eggs – 6 Nos
- Drumstick -1
- Jackfruit Seeds – 8 to 10 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 stripes
- Small onions – 5
- Coconut – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Coarsely grind coconut,red chilli powder,turmeric powder and onions with few curry leaves and very little water.
- Boil the eggs,drumstick and jackfruit seeds separately.
- heat a wide-mouthed pan and add the ground mixture along with the eggs and vegetables.
- The water should be just enough to cover the eggs.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Before removing it from the fire,drizzle some coconut and some curry leaves.
- The dish is ready