Garlic Pickle (veluthulli/vellulli achar) – Pickle recipes
Garlic Pickle (veluthulli/vellulli achar )
Garlic forms a major part of curry recipes in east India, especially Kerala, Bihar and Bengal. it is often added in Garlic is often added in small quantities to curries,dishes,chutneys and pickles. In this recipe it can also the main ingredient of hot garlic pickle. This pickle is very good for digestion and can be prepared very easily
Garlic Pickle ingredients
- Garlic Pods – 15 nos
- Sliced Ginger – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Chilly Powder – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Fenugreek powder – ¼ Tbsp
- Asafoetida Powder – ¼ Tbsp
- Vinegar – ½ Tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to prepare
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Put Mustard seed into the Oil and let it splutter.
- Add sliced Ginger and Garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add Salt and mix well.
- Add Chilly powder, Fenugreek powder and Asafoetida Powder to the hot Oil and remove Pan from fire.
- Add Vinegar or Lemon juice to it and mix well.