Irumban Puli Dried Recipe (Chemmeen Puli) – NatureLoC Recipes
Irumban Puli Dried
Dried Irumban Puli / Dried Chemmeen Puli / is a simple and delicious pickle. Irumban puli is sun dried for 2 days and the pickle is made with it.
The scientific name of Bilimbi is Averrhoa Bilimbi. In Kerala it is known as Irumban Puli. The juice of irumban puli is good for those with hyper-tension. It will bring down blood pressure. It is also good for those having diabetes. Irumban puli is used to make squash, jam, pickles and also used in curries.
- 20 numbers Irumban Puli
- 5 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 3 tbsp ginger (chopped)
- 3 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 nos. curry leaves
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Wash the Irumban Puli (Chemmeen Puli) well in running water and dry it with a clean cloth. Slice it into small pieces.
- Mix 1 tbsp of red chilly powder and salt with the sliced pieces and sun dry for 2 days.
- In a bowl soak irumban puli in vinegar & hot water for 20 mins.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add sliced garlic, ginger and curry leaves into it.
- Then add red chilly powder, fenugreek powder, asafoetida powder and saute well for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add Irumban Puli with soaked water into it. Cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool.