Oats Kozhukattai – Steamed oats dumplings – Diabetic Recipes
Oats Kozhukatta – A healthy diabetic recipes
This food is really tasty and healthy dish. This is great for people who are in diet,because those people get bored by eating the same food like oats porridge or bread again and again. You could add vegetables like carrot,cabbage add many more as per your taste. This can be served for breakfast lunch or dinner.Let’s try this delicious recipe and have a look at the ingredients required and the method of preparation.
Oats Kozhukatta ingredients
- Oats – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Grated coconut – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 (mixed)
- Green chillies – 1 Nos
- Curry leaves – 1 spring (chopped)
- Sprinkle some warm water and salt on the oats
- Mix it and let it soak for 5 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds
- Fry the urad dal till golden brown.
- Next add the chopped onions,green chillies and curry leaves and saute
- Add the soaked oats and grated coconut and mix everything together.
- Add more salt and sprinkle some more water if required.
- Cook it for just couple of minutes
- (The mixture should be sticky and moist enough to be able to form balls but not soggy)
- Make lemon sized balled out of this.
- Steam it in a steamer or using idle plated for about 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with some coconut chutney or any other chutney varieties