Soya chunks pattice recipes – soya with different taste
Soy chunks another way
Versatile and protein-rich soya chunks make for delicious eats . Soy chunks pattice – cooking recipes
- Potatoes (large) – 4
- Onions (chopped) -3
- Soya chunks – 3 to 4 cup
- Olive oil (to saute) – One and half tsp
- Ginger paste – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies (chopped )-1
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel (crushed) – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bread slices -3
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil ( to shallow fry) – 3 tbsp method
- Peel,wash and clean the potatoes.
- Chop into cubes and steam for 10 minutes until buttery
- Soak soya chunks in a bowl of water for 15 minutes
- Squeeze dry.Chop the soya chunks
- In a non-stick pan,heat the oil
- Saute onions and soya until golden brown, add ginger paste,garlic paste and green chillies.
- Once thse are roasted,add turmeric,red chilli powder and fennel.
- Stir well. Now add garam masala and saute for 2 minutes. Remove from flame
- Mash the potatoes in bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper
- Tip in the cooked onion mixture and shape into ovals.
- Pulse bread slices to form breadcrumbs.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a platter.
- Dip the patties in the cornflour paste and coat with breadcrumbs.
- heat olive oil and shallow fry
- Place on absorbent tissue to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and mint coriander sauce