Tapioca Pudding Recipe | Easy Simple Recipe | NatureLoC Recipes
Tapioca Pudding is a sweet pudding made with tapioca and either milk or cream. Coconut milk is also used in cases in which the flavor is preferred. It is made in many cultures with equally varying styles, and may be produced in a variety of ways. Its consistency ranges from thin to thick.
Tapioca Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup small pearl tapioca
- 3 cups whole milk (or skim milk with cream added)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Add the tapioca pearls, milk, and salt in a pan and cook on medium high heat. Stir well.
- Lower the heat and cook uncovered, adding sugar gradually, until the tapioca pearls have thickened.
- Stir occasionally so that the tapioca doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Mix in some of the hot tapioca very slowly to equalize the temperature of the two mixtures (to avoid curdling).
- Increase the heat to medium and stir for several minutes until you get a thick pudding consistency. Do not let the mixture boil. Let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Add some vanilla essence. Stir well.
- Serve either warm or chilled.