Tips to maintain good Cardiac health in diabetic patients
Tips to maintain good cardiac health in diabetic patients
- Maintain normal levels of blood glucose
- Maintain normal levels of blood cholesterol (LDL to be kept less than 100 mg%
- Maintain normal levels of blood pressure
- Use less amount of salt,sugar and fatty foods
- Maintain normal body weight
- Daily physical activity around 40 minutes a day 6 times per week
- Regular check up with cardiologist
- Reduce mental stress. Yoga and meditation will help
How can drugs produce diabetes?
The blood glucose levels are tightly regulated by the coordinate effort of many hormones in the body. The main hormone reducing levels of blood glucose is insulin secreted from the pancreas. Hormones which increase blood glucose levels are called counter regulatory hormones. These include glucagon form the pancreas, cortisol form the adrenals, epinephrine from the adrenals and growth hormone form the pituitary gland. In a diabetic patient the insulin levels are reduced to varying degrees and the counter regulatory and the insulin reserves are quiet good, whatever stimulus is there to increase the blood glucose levels will be maintained normally. When the insulin reserve is less, any increase in the counter regulatory hormones will increase the blood glucose levels. Many rugs thus only precipitate the diabetes and rarely cause diabetes
- Insulin – confusion and misconcepts
- Tips for injecting insulin
- Diabetes – What happens to diabetes related complications during pregnancy?
- What happens to diabetes related complications during pregnancy ?
- What are the types of diabetes?
- How diabetes diagnosed?
- Symptoms of diabetes
- Why control diabetes?