Urad Dal Tadka Recipe | Kalchatti Easy Recipes | NatureLoC
Urad Dal Tadka is prepared with freshly ground spices and tastes really scrumptious. Making lentils or dal has always been a saver for me, when it comes to time and efforts. When you are in no mood of cooking too lavish dishes or looking for some simple meals then making dal is a good option for you. I often include dals in my meals, especially dinners.
Urad Dal Tadka Recipe
- ½ cup whole urad dal (black gram)
- 1 medium sized onion – chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 small tomato – chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Asofoetida – a pinch
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 dry red chilies
- Soak urad dal overnight in water.
- Pressure cook the urad dal with ½ cup water, ginger garlic paste and little salt for 10 whistles.
- Remove cooker from the heat and let the pressure settle down. Open the lid and mash the cooked dal. Keep it aside.
- Take the kalchatti and heat on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Now, add 1 tbsp oil and cook chopped onions for a while.
- Add chopped tomato and mash the pulp. Switch to low medium flame and cook. Add mint and coriander leaves. Stir well.
- Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and asofoetida. Stir well and add mashed dal. Mix well.
- Add salt to taste and 1 cup water or more if needed. Cook it covered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for tempering, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and broken red chilies.
- Add this tempering to the dal and let the dal cook for another 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and serve dal with rice or roti.
Have a look at the variety of Kalchatty products available on Natureloc.com
How to season kalchatty soapstone cookware stone curry pot order online and watch our @naturelocyoutube videos