Exercises -Your Exercise Plan-How hard should I exercise?
Choosing an exercise plan
When people are just started with an exercise program,they often to have some questions:
- What kind of exercise should I do ?
- How much should I exercise?
- How hard should I exercise?
What kind of exercise should I do ?
If you have diabetes or heart patients – Your doctor will advise you what type of exercise you can do based on your medical records or history and a thorough medical exam. Consult with your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your exercise plan.
How much should I exercise?
Many experts agree that you need 30 minutes of “moderate-intensity”physical activity each day to stay in good health. If you’re out of shape or short on time,start slowly and add it up in 10-minutes periods throughout your day
How hard should I exercise?
Take the “Talk Test” while exercising,you should feel a little warm,break into a light sweat,and have increased breathing (but not gasping). If you can talk and carry on a conversation during this time then your activity level is just right.
Your Exercise Plan – Let’s Do Exercise
Flexibility activities – Exercises
Try flexing exercises five to seven days in a week to keep your muscles and joints relaxed and mobile. You’ll improve mobility and movement as you get older
- Stretching exercises
Do strength activities 2 to 3 days a week to build your muscles and bones, improve posture and balance,and prevent osteoporosis
- Weight lifting
- Sit-ups and push ups
- Climbing stairs
- Lifting and carrying groceries
Aerobic exercise (Endurance activities)
Try these aerobic activities 3 to 5 days per week to strengthen your heart and lungs and improve your circulation
- Walk briskly
- Join a mall walking program
- 2 miles in 30 minutes (15 minutes per mile)
- 5 miles in 30 minutes or 4 miles in 15 minutes
- Jump rope for 15 minutes
- Run 1 1/2 miles in 15 minutes (10 minutes per mile)
- Swim laps for 20 minutes
- Play basket ball
- Shoot baskets for 30 minutes
- Play a game for 15 to 20 minutes
- Dance fast (social dancing) for 30 minutes
- Skate for 30 – 40 minutes
- Try an at home exercise video
- Check out an exercise classes at your local clubs,recreation,or senior center
- Why is walking good for everyone? Are you in a habit of walking, if not let’s make a fresh start
- Make Your Heart Healthy – Follow the steps given here…..
- What is heart disease ? What is a heart attack? Am I at risk for heart disease?
- Women Exercises-Misconceptions regarding the exercises for women