How can you tell if honey is pure?
Buying honey with added artificial sweeteners? Fake honey devoid of all health and medicinal benefits?
Honey is subject to fraud by adulteration with low price invert sugar syrups. Saccharides in syrups derived from cane, corn or beet sugar are difficult to distinguish from those in pure honeys. Impure and adultered honey has become a major place in the shops, markets etc.. Fake honey implies that the honey has been mixed or added molasses, syrups like corn sugar, invert sugar, flour or any other similar products. Unfortunately, it is incredibly difficult to tell genuinely pure bee’s honey from those that claim to be.
How can you tell if honey is real?
- Pure honey contains no artificial agents or additives
- Original honey can be used for treating mouth and throat ulcers and coughs.
- Honey Completely natural and can be consumed as it is.
How can we test the purity of honey? Some easy methods to verify the purity of honey
- Examining the honey before it purchasing ,checks the label
- Try to purchase branded honey /established stores or local markets
- Stir a tablespoon of honey in a glass of water. If the honey is pure, it will not dissolve
- Pour some of the honey onto blotting paper. If it is pure, it will not be absorbed into the paper.
- Pour the honey very slowly. If the honey is pure honey, it will spin in a clockwise direction as it flows out of the jar or bottle
- Dip a cotton wick into the honey and let any excess drip off. Light a match or candle and hold the soaked end of the wick in the flame. If the cotton wick burns, this is a sign that the honey is pure.
Honey is not only an excellent natural sweetener and cooking ingredient, but real honey is also antibacterial with medicinal uses and has natural healing properties. Real honey has natural antioxidant with anti-microbial properties which assist in protecting the skin from environmental abuses from the sun and promotes the skin’s own ability to rejuvenate itself.